Our resources for multi-academy trust leadership development (for all members of our MAT CEO networks and other clients) can be accessed here
Our provision and support for multi-academy trusts includes:
Consultancy support to multi-academy trusts
Forum Strategy has an excellent reputation for providing a range of services to MATs, including strategic planning; bid writing; leadership development (including training for trustees); organisational development consultancy; and marketing and media services. A number of MATs subscribe to our weekly policy, strategy and research briefing and our fortnightly funding, grants and resources briefing. Forum Education provides the content and delivery for four regional MAT CEO networks. Find out more about our consultancy work here
MAT Leadership Senior Team Development Programme
Our two day bespoke programme for individual MAT leadership teams draws on a wide range of research and analysis, our deep knowledge of education policy and change, and our extensive experience in providing support and consultancy to growing MATs across England. We also draw upon Forum’s extensive bank of case studies and materials to support MAT development.
This programme provides MAT SLTs with ‘the space’ to reflect on their vision and how well it is embedded across the organisation, the sustainable development of their trust (based on our five key development areas for MATs: Five key development areas for MAT sector in 2017/18), and actions for the next stage of their journey.
The programme’s second day also provides senior teams with facilitated reflection time, encouraging team members to reflect on core leadership behaviours and values, how they model these to others, and how – as a team – they can further develop these traits.
The programme is delivered either at our training centre in Southwell ( a minster town in the heart of Nottinghamshire and just 20 minutes from the A1 and 30 minutes from the M1 ) or at your MAT’s head office.
DAY ONE and DAY 2 AM
- Visioning for an evolving education system and society (re-evaluating, refining, and crystalising the vision and mission of your trust). (Read more on our approach and thinking on this 6 hints and tips for developing a vision for your MAT & THINKPIECE: Are we failing children and young people due to a lack of vision? )
- Developing an organisational culture for attracting and retaining talented staff – becoming an ’employer of choice’. ( Read more on our thinking on this: Talking about my generation – schools must work hard to retain millennial generation )
- Review and self-assessment against the key elements of successful and sustainable multi-academy trusts to inform strategic planning (Five key development areas for MAT sector in 2017/18 )
- Building an accountability culture – strategies for measuring ‘the right things’ and ensuring they happen. (Read more on our thinking on this: Embedding the vision: a culture of ‘shared accountability’ across groups of schools)
DAY TWO (PM)
- Considering the core traits and behaviours of a successful MAT leadership team, including:
- Trust SLTs choose one of the six areas to consider indepth, reviewing the key behaviours and traits for demonstrating and embedding these as a team. This element is delivered with reference to research, case studies from other sectors, and with specific reference to the leadership of MATs and general education policy. SLTs consider their strengths and weaknesses and strategies for self-improvement.
The cost of this programme is £2000 plus VAT.
To apply for this programme, please email us at [email protected]
Organisational Development Sessions
Our MAT Development Sessions are designed to involve a range of stakeholders in the visioning, strategic planning and development of the organisation. More information can be accessed here: Academy Trust Development Days
Training and development for trustees and trust boards
Forum provides a number of individual training sessions for academy trustees, including:
- Induction training for MAT trustees
- Annual strategy workshops for trust boards
- Governance reviews for academy trusts
For more information please visit: Training & Development for MAT Trustees & Trust Board 2017-18-4
Regional MAT Leaders networks
Forum Strategy designs, develops and co-ordinates four regional MAT CEO networks. The networks provide an ongoing developmental and learning opportunity for MAT CEO, with inputs from external speakers, opportunities to network, and access to the latest research and policy developments.
For more information please visit our events page at: Events
“The development day designed by Forum Education was an excellent springboard for the development of our multi academy trust. The day enabled us to crystallise our vision, purpose and reasons for growth, working alongside stakeholders from within the trust and partners outside the trust with whom we network.
The facilitation of the day was inspirational and has supported us in stepping forward and furthering our plans. All involved in the day now have a clear understanding of the moral purpose of our MAT, what we stand for and our non negotiables.”
Karen Bramwell, Executive Principal, Forward As One Academy Trust, 2016
“Forum Education enabled our trust to review its progress and inform future planning. The quality of the information and presentation provided was excellent and made things clear and easily able to be understood.
Forum Education provided exactly what was required as our MAT reached a critical time in its development. As a board of trustees, we have been able to make clear decisions for our future direction and Forum provided us with a positive starting point.
I would unreservedly recommend them to schools to facilitate accurate assessment of their present position and what is required for future planning.”
Pam Burton Chair Trustees, Brighter Futures MAT, 2017