On 27th September 2018, all four of our regional MAT Leaders networks came together for the annual conference in Sheffield. The theme was improvement and innovation at scale, and speakers included our CEO, Michael Pain; Professor Toby Greany of Nottingham University; Multi-award winning entrepreneur, Kate Lester; the Chief Constable of Durham Police, Mike Barton; and Matthew Purves, Director of Policy at Ofsted.
70% of delegates rater the event as excellent, with 98% rating it as either ‘excellent’ of ‘good’.
- Read Michael Pain’s Opening Address to the National MAT Leaders Conference,: Michael Pain’s Opening Address to the 2018 #MATLeaders National Conference
- Read the TES article covering the event, here: https://www.tes.com/news/call-ban-trustees-guilty-mat-mismanagement
- Hear from multi-award winning entrepreneur, Kate Lester, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vFTq3Rbe6U
- Hear from Cathie Paine, Deputy CEO of REAch 2, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMlXXIpvhs
- Read our case study of REAch2’s 11B411 scheme ‘Vision into practice’: MAT DEVELOPMENT: Vision and purpose into practice
- The Seven Pillars for Achieving Improvement at Scale: 7 Pillars of Improvement at Scale
- Read our article in Schools Week on how the MAT sector could be better supported, here: https://schoolsweek.co.uk/how-can-the-government-better-support-mats/
Photographs from the event: