Salary circa £70k
Contract type: All year round, Permanent
We are looking for a skilled, experienced and ambitious Chief Operating Officer to play a key role in
building and growing our central team and support services within the Trust. The COO will have the
opportunity to make significant and sustained impact on our Trust and the community in which it sits. This
is a permanent appointment following the establishment of the Multi Academy Trust (MAT). The role will
operate over the whole of Gatehouse Green Learning Trust, a MAT with Redland Green and Ashton Park
Secondary Schools, Ashton Vale, Compass Point and Luckwell Primary schools. Staff from the schools
are already working together to improve outcomes for our children. This post offers exciting opportunities
and challenges to work in collaboration with others.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and ambitious leader:
▪ Strategic thinking and have the ability to facilitate change?
▪ Interested in the operation of academies and the challenges facing the public education sector?
▪ In possession of leadership skills with the ability to motivate, inspire and achieve high levels of
performance from your team?
▪ Experienced in effective planning and budget management?
▪ Experienced in managing many conflicting priorities?
▪ A skilled communicator?
▪ Highly skilled in the use of Information Technology?
▪ Able to take and carry out difficult and complex decisions?
What we can offer:
● 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
● Free parking onsite
● Cycle to work scheme
● Employee Assistance programme
● Free eye tests
● Death in Service benefit
● Discounted gym membership
● Access to staff sports
● Child care voucher scheme
● Salary sacrifice schemes
● Training and professional development opportunities
● Access to school library
Closing date: 2nd March 2020 at 4pm
Assessment Date: Monday 9th March 2020
Interview Date: Friday 13th March 2020
Applications should be accompanied by a short piece of writing (500 word maximum) which
summarises what you would aim to accomplish within your first 100 days in the position, in the
light of what you have read and learned about the Trust (See application form)
Gatehouse Green Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer in line with the 2010 Equalities Act.
We welcome applicants regardless of any human difference. We are committed to safeguarding the
welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for
the successful applicant.
If you would like discuss the role please contact [email protected] or phone 0117 353 3193 who will arrange this. The recruitment process is being managed by Redland Green School and is where both the assessment day and
interviews will take place.
● no CVs or letters will be accepted
● late or incomplete applications will not be considered
For more information and for an application form please visit: https://gglt.co.uk/vacancies/